Hands-On Ablation: The Experts' Approach
Hands-On Ablation: The Experts' Approach
by Amin Al-Ahmad (Editor); DavidCallans (Editor); Henry H. Hsia (Editor); Andrea Natale (Editor); OscarOseroff (Editor); Paul J. Wang (Editor)
Foreword by Ranjan K. Thakur, MD
NEW EDITION DUE MAY 2017 - ISBN# 9781942909170
Published January 2013
Format: Hardcover and eBook set; eBook
Trim Size: 8.5 X11 inches
496 pages, full color interior
Print book includes a free digital edition.
Featured title on IBHRE's Cardiac Electrophysiology Core Reading List Recommendations for the Physician and Allied Professional- more information
In stock. Ships the next business day.
Other purchasing options:
Free digital edition! Receive free full digital content with purchase of print book! (Access code included in book.)
Clinically useful approaches for the effective diagnosis and ablation of arrhythmias.
The field of catheter ablation continues to advance with innovations in technology and a deeper understanding of the pathophysiology of arrhythmias. This comprehensive and unique book gives an inside look at leading electrophysiology labs throughout the world and provides the reader with practical knowledge and tips for ablation procedures directly from the experts themselves.
- Each chapter highlights the practical knowledge of the expert author with a specific procedure.
- In-depth "how-to" approaches are described for over 50 procedures, including ablations for supraventricular tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, and ventricular tachycardia.
- "Hands-on" detail that helps translate new ideas and innovations into practice for the most state-of-the-art patient care.
- A valuable reference for every electrophysiology lab to help differentiate diagnostic challenges.
- Fully illustrated with over 165 videos and 475 figures.
Purchase of book includes online access to full text and videos.
Amin Al-Ahmad, MD, FACC, FHRS; Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Associate Director of the Cardiac Arrhythmia Service, and Director of the Cardiac Electrophysiology Laboratory, Stanford University, Stanford, California
David Callans, MD, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Electrophysiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Henry H. Hsia, MD, FACC, Associate Professor of Medicine, Cardiac Electrophysiology and Arrhythmia Service, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California
Andrea Natale, MD, FACC, FHRS; Executive Medical Director, Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute, St. David's Medical Center, Austin, Texas; Consulting Professor, Division of Cardiology, Stanford University, Stanford, California; Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio; Senior Clinical Director, EP Services, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, California; and Director of Interventional EP, Scripps Green, San Diego, California
Oscar Oseroff, MD, Professor, University of Buenos Aires; Chief of Electrophysiology and Pacing, Castex Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Paul J. Wang, MD, FACC, FHRS, Professor, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, and Director of the Cardiac Arrhythmia Service, Stanford University, Stanford, California
Table of Contents:
SECTION I: Ablation of Supraventricular Tachycardia
- 1: How to Rapidly Diagnose Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) in the Electrophysiology Lab Luis F. Couchonnal, Bradley P. Knight
- 2: How to Ablate Typical and Reverse Atrial Flutter John C. Evans, Donald D. Hoang, Mintu P. Turakhia
- 3: How to Ablate Atrial Flutter Postsurgery George F. Van Hare
- 4: The Ablation of Atrial Tachycardia Patrick M. Heck, Peter M. Kistler, Andrew W. Teh, Jonathan M. Kalman
- 5: How to Ablate Atrial Tachycardias in Patients with Congenital Heart Disease John Triedman
- 6: How to Perform Radiofrequency and Cryoablation Ablation for AV Nodal Reentrant Tachycardia Paul J. Wang, Zhongwei Cheng
- 7: Ablation of Left-Lateral Accessory Pathways Abram Mozes, Mark S. Link, Ania Garlitski, Jonathan Weinstock, Munther Homoud, N.A. Mark Estes III
- 8: Catheter Ablation of Accessory Pathways Hiroshi Nakagawa, Warren M. Jackman
- 9: Right-Sided Accessory Pathways Anne M. Dubin
- 10: How to Diagnose, Map, and Ablate AVRT Due to Atriofascicular Conduction Fibers Melvin M. Scheinman, David S. Kwon
- 11: How to Ablate Accessory Pathways in Patients with Ebstein's Syndrome Christina Y. Miyake
SECTION II: Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation
- 12: How to Perform a Transseptal Puncture Gregory E. Supple, David J. Callans
- 13: How to Utilize ICE for Optimal Safety and Efficacy with AF Ablation Mathew D. Hutchinson
- 14: How to Perform Pulmonary Vein Antrum Isolation for Atrial Fibrillation Marco V. Perez, Amin Al-Ahmad, Andrea Natale
- 15: How to Perform Circumferential Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation Carlo Pappone, Vincenzo Santinelli
- 16: How to Perform Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation by Targeting Complex Fractionated Atrial Electrograms Koonlawee Nademanee, Montawatt Amnueypol
- 17: How to Ablate Long-Standing Persistent Atrial Fibrillation Using a Stepwise Approach (The Bordeaux Approach) Daniel Scherr, Michala Pedersen, Ashok Shah, Sebastien Knecht, Pierre Jais
- 18: How to Ablate Long-Standing, Persistent Atrial Fibrillation Using a Step-Wise Approach (The Natale Approach) Luigi Di Biase, Pasquale Santangeli, Andrea Natale
- 19: How to Use Balloon Cryoablation for Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation Pipin Kojodjojo, Wyn Davies
- 20: How to Perform Pulmonary Vein Isolation Using Laser Catheter Ablation Edward P. Gerstenfeld
- 21: The Combined Surgical/Endocardial Ablation Procedure for Atrial Fibrillation Rodney P. Horton, Luigi Di Biase, Andrew Hume, James R. Edgerton, Javier E. Sanchez, Andrea A. Natale
- 22: How to Perform a Hybrid Surgical Epicardial and Catheter Endocardial Ablationfor Atrial Fibrillation Srijoy Mahapatra, Gorav Ailawadi
- 23: How to Ablate the Vein of Marshall Seongwook Han, Peng-Sheng Chen, Chun Hwang
- 24: Diagnosis and Ablation of Atrial Tachycardias Arising in the Context of Atrial Fibrillation Ablation Amir S. Jadidi, Ashok J. Shah, Meleze Hocini, Michel Haissaguerre, Pierre Jais
- 25: How to Perform 3-Dimensional Entrainment Mapping to Treat Post-AF Ablation Atrial Tachycardia/AFL Philipp Sommer, Christopher Piorkowski, Gerhard Hindricks
- 26: Catheter Ablation of Autonomic Ganglionated Plexi in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation Hiroshi Nakagawa, Benjamin J. Scherlag, Warren M. Jackman
- 27: How to Use Electroanatomic Mapping to Rapidly Diagnose and Treat Post-AF Ablation Atrial Tachycardia and Flutter Aman Chugh
- 28: How to Utilize Frequency Analysis to Aid in Atrial Fibrillation Ablation Yenn-Jiang Lin, Li-Wei Lo, Shih-Ann Chen
- 29: Utilization of the Hansen Robotic Catheter Navigation System: The Austin Approach G. Joseph Gallinghouse, Luigi Di Biase, Andrea Natale
- 30: How to Perform Atrial Fibrillation Ablation Using Remote Magnetic Navigation J. David Burkhardt, Matthew Dare, Luigi Di Biase, Pasquale Santangeli, Andrea Natale
- 31: How to Perform Accurate Image Registration with Electroanatomic Mapping Systems Francesco Perna, Moussa Mansour
Section III: Ablation of Ventricular Tachycardia
- 32: How to Localize Ventricular Tachycardia Using a 12-Lead ECG Hicham El Masry, John M. Miller
- 33: How to Diagnose and Ablate Ventricular Tachycardia from the Outflow Tract and Aortic Cusps Takumi Yamada, G. Neal Kay
- 34: How to Diagnose and Ablate Fascicular Ventricular Tachycardia Frederick T. Han, Nitish Badhwar
- 35: How to Map and Ablate Hemodynamically Tolerated Ventricular Tachycardias Kojiro Tanimoto, Henry H. Hsia
- 36: How to Map and Ablate Unstable Ventricular Tachycardia: The University of Pennsylvania Approach Wendy S. Tzou, Francis E. Marchlinski
- 37: How to Map and Ablate Unstable Ventricular Tachycardia: The Brigham Approach Usha B. Tedrow, William G. Stevenson
- 38: How to Map and Ablate Ventricular Tachycardia Using Delayed Potential in Sinus Rhythm Eduardo Castellanos, Jesus Almendral, Carlos De Diego
- 39: How to Utilize Electroanatomical Mapping to Identify Critical Channels for Ventricular Tachycardia Ablation Henry H. Hsia, Kojiro Tanimoto
- 40: How to Use Noncontact Mapping for Catheter Ablation of Ventricular Tachycardia Jason T. Jacobson
- 41: How to Use ICE to Aid in Catheter Ablation of Ventricular Tachycardia Marc W. Deyell, Mathew D. Hutchinson, David J. Callans
- 42: How to Perform an Epicardial Access Mauricio Scanavacca, Sissy Lara, Carina Hardy, Cristiano Pisani, Eduardo Sosa
- 43: Transcoronary Ethanol Ablation for Ventricular Tachycardia Karin K. M. Chia, Paul C. Zei
- 44: How to Perform Epicardial Ablation in Postcardiac Surgery Patients Sheldon M. Singh, James O. Coffey, Andre d'Avila
- 45: How to Perform Endocardial/Epicardial Ventricular Tachycardia Ablation J. David Burkhardt, Luigi Di Biase, Matthew Dare, Pasquale Santangeli, Andrea Natale
- 46: How to Ablate Ventricular Fibrillation Arising from the Structurally Normal Heart Shinsuke Miyazaki, Ashok J. Shah, Michel Haissaguerre, Meleze Hocini
- 47: How to Ablate Ventricular Tachycardia in Patients with Congenital Heart Disease Katja Zeppenfeld
- 48: Catheter Ablation of Ventricular Tachycardia in Sarcoidosis / Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Kyoko Soejima, Akiko Ueda, Masaomi Chinushi
- 49: How to Ablate Ventricular Tachycardia in Patients with Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy/Dysplasia Fermin C. Garcia, Victor Bazan
- 50: How to Perform Hybrid VT Ablation in the Operating Room Paolo Della Bella, Giuseppe Maccabelli, Francesco Alamanni